Thursday, February 17, 2011

Introducing DT Member - Leah Cameron

"Hi all, my name is Leah Cameron and I am so excited to be part of the Paper Inklings new Design Team!  I live in a {very} small town in central Victoria, with my farming husband and two girls who luckily are happy to pose for photos to feed my scrapbooking obsession.  I also work two or three days a week.  I started scrapbooking just under five years ago after my youngest daughter was born when a friend bought a beginner’s class for my birthday and I have been hooked ever since.  My style is ever evolving, I think, at the moment I am enjoying white cardstock, a few layers, a bit of a cluster, with basically a clean look – but that could change at any moment.  I am so looking forward to sharing my layouts with you all."

Leah has been very busy working with the new ranges. Here are a few of her layouts.

"My aim for this layout was to incorporate the Concrete Jungle into my usual style – which often includes white cardstock background.  The use of a basic white background really sets off the colours in the Extreme Scooter paper used for the patterned paper border, making a great feature of the arrows.  Some rub on arrows from the Scooter A5 rub on pack were cut and placed in a couple of different places on the layout to draw attention to the title and link the arrows in.  The fantastic Scooter Boy chipboard title can be used for more than just boy layouts!  Here I have painted the title red, and then I just love the technique of painting black lines on there simply with the edge of a plastic ruler – so easy and so eye catching."



"This recent photo of my youngest daughter Alexa was crying out for a funky and grungy layout, and the colours and themes of the new “Concrete Jungle” range were perfect for just that!  The range is far more versatile than just scooter and skateboard layouts, as is shown on this layout.  Included on this layout are papers and rub ons from the Concrete Jungle range, and Hazard Symbol chipboard from the Awesome Boy range."

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love how this line has been used for girls! As a mum with two girls this is really an inspiration! Love the grungy look acheived here, Leah! Fantastic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete